Read Aloud 15 Minutes
Encouraging children to read – or be read to – everyday
The main focus of the three-year campaign is to encourage and challenge children and their parents to read 15 minutes every day, and early in their lives.
- To spread awareness about this reading campaign nationwide and within ethnic groups, and specifically, the Vietnamese community.
- To encourage parents and caregivers to read aloud to their children at least 15 minutes every day
- To build partnerships with local school districts, afterschool programs, family resource centers, libraries, pediatric offices, community organizations, and many other agencies
- Participated in events hosted by community partners: local schools, libraries, churches, Vietnamese language schools, cities, etc.
- Disseminated Vietnamese posters and brochures at community events, libraries, and schools
- Appeared on Vietnamese TV and radio talk shows to raise awareness
- Boosted Vietnamese social media campaigns
- Collaborated with Vietnamese language programs and Vietnamese schools to promote integration and awareness
- Distributed 500,000+ materials to partners
- Collected & gifted 50,000+ books to underprivileged children
- Recruited 400+ partners
- Participated in 40+ community outreach events
- Established 20+ Little Free Libraries