Stop The Hate Media Campaign
To build public awareness of the Stop the Hate Program administered by the California Department of Social Services.
A joint venture of the California State Library and the California Commission on Asian and Pacific Islander American Affairs (CCAPIA), this project awarded over $5 million in grants to ethnic media outlets and organizations serving communities that are historically vulnerable to hate incidents and hate crimes. The grant program aims to build public awareness of the Stop the Hate Program administered by the California Department of Social Services.
ArrowGTP is contracted by the Vietnamese American Artists and Media Association for website development of the online resource library, creative graphic design, photography, video production of the proposed speaker series, and, advertising and marketing services.
The goal of this campaign is to increase public awareness pertaining to educating, engaging and empowering vulnerable communities about hate incidents, hate crimes, and related topics; reduce the stigma surrounding the reporting and use of services by survivors; partner with community-based organizations; and promote community healing, and cross-cultural and cross-racial collaboration.
- To build an online Vietnamese Library of Resources about Stop The Hate and Stop Asian Hate
- To conduct community outreach with the goal of social empowerment and justice
- To encourage the community to spread acceptance and promote inclusivity through personal stories and direct messages from influential Vietnamese-American figures.
- To provide and inform the public about available resources to combat Asian Hate
- To reach a wider audience of Vietnamese American immigrants and refugees
- To create an embracing and empathetic community
- To bridge the generational gap between 1st generation with limited English proficiency and 2nd generation Vietnamese-Americans who might only speak English
- To partner with community-based organizations and other media outlets
Ongoing. To be updated.