Conducting Primary Research
In addition to having staff members with psychology training and focus-group moderating background, ArrowGTP has an experienced community outreach team and large existing network of community-based organizations and we quickly employ selection strategies and execute them in the shortest timeline.
The purpose of some of our primary research projects is to achieve the following objectives from the perspective of historically disadvantaged Asian American communities:
- Understand current beliefs and misconceptions surrounding topics such as mental health, public transportation, government assistance, injury prevention, disaster preparedness, etc.
- Test different messages to determine which resonate best with participants and how those messages might be improved
- Understand who the influencers are in the family and in the community
Arrow GTP has considerable experience in conducting primary research and outreach sessions, focus groups and surveys through several projects, such as:
- A statewide campaign to increase public awareness pertaining to educating, engaging and empowering vulnerable communities about hate incidents, hate crimes, and related topics; reduce the stigma surrounding the reporting and use of services by survivors
- References: The Mental Consequences of Hate Crimes & Interactive Hate Resource Map
- An OCTA project that aims to promote new and improved bus services in Orange County provided by the OCTA,
- An OCTA project that focuses on supporting local businesses along the I-405 Improvement Project corridor
- A CDC project that geared towards shifting public awareness to adopt a voluntary smoke-free environment
- A California’s Mental Health Movement that recognizes the challenges each of us face on a daily basis and encourages us to support one another.
- Orange County’s mass notification system that keeps local residents and businesses informed of emergencies and immediate life-threatening events such as wildfires, earthquakes, flooding, active shooters, domestic terrorism and more.
- A program that is tasked with conducting activities at the local level that support the California Oral Health Plan (COHP), which aims to improve the oral health of all Californians.
- Countywide public outreach efforts to improve drowning prevention efforts and offer helpful tips on what you can do to keep kids safe around water in Orange County.
Our team conducted the following activities:
- Korean focus group
- Local low-income families
- Local K-12 students at outreach fairs and festivals
- Vietnamese speaker focus groups
- Vietnamese resident surveys
- Vietnamese mother focus groups
- Vietnamese senior focus groups
- Asian-owned businesses via phone and in-person canvassing
- Commercial plaza owner meetings